Colchester United midfielder Tom Lapslie out of action for two weeks
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Tom Lapslie has been ruled out of action for the next couple of weeks.
Lapslie has been acting captain, in the continued absence of club skipper Luke Prosser, but he is now facing a spell on the sidelines over the next fortnight.
The tigerish midfielder served a one-match suspension for the 2-2 draw at Grimsby Town, having picked up his fifth yellow card of the season during the previous match, a 2-1 home defeat to Wycombe.
He returned on the bench at Yeovil last weekend, but was not employed, with manager John McGreal revealing the reason why during his weekly press conference this lunchtime.
“Tom is injured,” confirmed McGreal.
“He felt his calf in the warm-up at Yeovil.
“It’s a little niggle, and he is set to be out for a couple of weeks.”
- 1 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 5 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 8 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 9 Company fined nearly £4k for further food hygiene breaches
- 10 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
Lapslie was set to be used as a substitute at Yeovil, but it was Brandon Comley who came on instead in a 1-0 away win.
Meanwhile, attacking midfielder Sammie Szmodics will be out of action for four weeks with his ankle injury.
The U’s entertain Mansfield Town this Saturday.