‘I’m a bit disappointed’ – Colchester United’s Brandon Comley
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United are now just three points adrift of the League Two play-offs, but midfielder Brandon Comley was still disappointed that the U’s could not hold on for victory against visiting Port Vale yesterday.
Sammie Szmodics netted his 11th goal of the season, to give the U’s a half-time lead, only for Marcus Harness to head home a 75th minute equaliser in a 1-1 draw.
The eighth-placed U’s are away at Crawley Town on Boxing Day, and so will be homing in on a top-seven spot. They are currently just three points behind third-placed Exeter.
“I suppose it’s a good point for us, having looked at the second half, but in other games we see it out when teams come at us,” explained Comley.
“So for me, I’m a bit disappointed in the end.
You may also want to watch:
“If you look at the table, with those two other points that would have pushed us right up there,” added the QPR loanee.
The U’s have lost just two of their last 14 league matches.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 9 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from