Colchester United’s Drey Wright a doubt for Accrington clash
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United have injury concerns, ahead of Saturday’s home clash with League Two leaders Accrington Stanley.
The U’s are gunning for a fourth win on the bounce, following away successes at Stevenage and Forest Green Rovers, and a 2-1 home victory over then-leaders Luton Town on Good Friday.
Easter Monday’s 2-1 win at Forest Green Rovers was achieved without the injured duo of Brennan Dickenson and Tom Lapslie, while winger Drey Wright, who scored after just 19 seconds at The New Lawn, limped off after 78 minutes.
Club stalwart Wright has only failed to appear in two of the U’s 41 league matches this season.
“Drey (Wright) is feeling a bit tight,” admitted McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
“We need everyone playing to be fit and in good condition to take on the league leaders, so we have one or two players we are monitoring.
“We have a few injuries, but if I pull someone out, then rest assured they will be knocking on my door asking me why,” added McGreal.
- 1 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 8 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast