‘It’s been a week that I will never forget’ – Colchester United’s Drey Wright
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Drey Wright capped a memorable week in his life, with a first goal of the season, but it wasn’t enough to wrap up a first win of 2018 for Colchester United.
Winger Wright became a Dad for the first time, with the birth of his son on Wednesday, and followed this up with a goal in first-half stoppage time to put the U’s 2-1 up at Vale Park.
However, John McGreal’s men could not hold on, Dave Worrall grabbing a late equaliser in a 2-2 draw.
“It’s been a week that I will never forget,” admitted Wright. “It was pleasing to score, though it would have been better if it had been the winning goal.
“I have a little baby boy. It’s my first, but we’re undecided about a name at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been a really good week for me – quite stressful, with not a lot of sleep – but thankfully I scored a goal for the little man today.
“We had a long time in hospital over the week but I obviously made it over here for the game,” added Wright.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill