U’s first five, and last five
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United face a tough start of the season, and an equally tricky finish to their 2018-19 season.
The U’s kick-off their League Two campaign with a trip to Notts County, who were beaten in the play-off semi-finals last season. The Magpies finished in fifth spot, having looked automatic promotion contenders for most of the year.
The first home game is the following weekend (August 11), against Port Vale, before the U’s travel to Mansfield Town on August 11
THE FIRST FIVE
Notts County (away) Aug 4
You may also want to watch:
Por Vale (home) Aug 11
Mansfield (away) Aug 18
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
Crewe (home) Aug 21
Northampton (home) Aug 25
John McGreal’s side will hope to be in the promotion race, when it comes to the end of the season.
They have a difficult test at Lincoln City on the final day, on May 4, the Imps having lost in the play-off semi-finals to Exeter City last term. Danny Cowley’s men had finished seventh in the table.
THE LAST FIVE
Bury (away) Apr 13
Grimsby (home) Apr 19
Yeovil (away) Apr 22
MK Dons (home) Apr 27
Lincoln (away) May 4