Colchester United’s Frankie Kent could go out on loan
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Centre-half Frankie Kent could go out on loan, to get some regular first-team football, after his recent knee injury.
The 20-year-old has yet to make a league appearance this season, starting just one match at Brighton in the EFL Cup in August.
Manager John McGreal revealed: “There are possibilities of getting Frankie out on loan somewhere, to play some men’s football.
“He’s knocking on the door, of being match-fit, after his injury. He just needs to tidy things up. Looking at him playing for the under-23s the other night, he cruised through the match. He needs to be tested more.
“It’s (potential loan) is ongoing, but there is a bit of interest. It’s just a case of getting Frankie up to speed.”
You may also want to watch:
The U’s entertain Morecambe this afternoon.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health