Kurtis Guthrie ‘in a bit of a state’ after suffering ankle injury
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Kurtis Guthrie could face another spell on the sidelines, after hobbling with an ankle injury during Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Carlisle United.
Front-runner Guthrie had just been settling back into the U’s team, after effectively being out of action for eight months with a previous long-term ankle problem. Now the 24-year-old is back on the treatment table, after being hurt in a poor challenge by defender Clint Hill.
“It was a nasty tackle on Kurtis, which might have robbed us of Kurtis coming back, because I thought his performance was really good,” explained U’s boss John McGreal.
“It’s his ankle. He looks in a bit of a state at the moment, and he has had his feet in a bucket.
“It didn’t look good and in the end he is getting carried of, or at least he’s hobbling off with Flynny (physio Tony Flynn). He is a tough kid as well.
“It knocked us a little bit, and we had to adjust.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 8 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors