Kurtis Guthrie ‘in a bit of a state’ after suffering ankle injury
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Kurtis Guthrie could face another spell on the sidelines, after hobbling with an ankle injury during Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Carlisle United.
Front-runner Guthrie had just been settling back into the U’s team, after effectively being out of action for eight months with a previous long-term ankle problem. Now the 24-year-old is back on the treatment table, after being hurt in a poor challenge by defender Clint Hill.
“It was a nasty tackle on Kurtis, which might have robbed us of Kurtis coming back, because I thought his performance was really good,” explained U’s boss John McGreal.
“It’s his ankle. He looks in a bit of a state at the moment, and he has had his feet in a bucket.
“It didn’t look good and in the end he is getting carried of, or at least he’s hobbling off with Flynny (physio Tony Flynn). He is a tough kid as well.
You may also want to watch:
“It knocked us a little bit, and we had to adjust.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots