Lapslie out for another three weeks as injuries take their toll on U’s
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United’s Tom Lapslie will be out for at least another three weeks, while fellow midfielders Harry Pell and Brandon Comley are still struggling with injuries, ahead of Saturday’s home clash with Newport County.
Results of a recent scan have revealed that Lapslie has a slight tear in his hamstring, while Pell went for a scan himself today, on his sore hamstring.
Comley, meanwhile, is hoping to return to full training next week, but the absence of all three players means that Ben Stevenson and young Diaz Wright are the only real options for boss John McGreal in the middle of the park.
To make matters worse, attacker Sammie Szmodics remains doubtful due to a recent chest infection, and young midfielder Louis Dunne is also out injured.
McGreal confirmed, during this lunchtime’s press conference: “Tom will be out for another three weeks with his hamstring.
You may also want to watch:
“He did come back into training, but felt it again.
“Harry has gone for a scan today, and it’s too early for Brandon, while we have monitor Sammie.”
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff