Colchester United’s Lewis Kinsella is on the mend
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United left-back, Lewis Kinsella, is on the comeback trail after a long-term foot injury.
Kinsella has been sidelined for the last four months, initially having his injured foot encased in a protective boot after undergoing surgery on a damaged ankle.
But now the 22-year-old ex-Aston Villa defender is ready to step up his rehabilitation.
Speaking at this lunchtime’s weekly press conference, ahead of Saturday’s trip to Blackpool, U’s manager John McGreal revealed: “Lewis (Kinsella) is on his way back.
“He has just had a week at St George’s Park (rehabilitation centre). He’s looking forward to getting back out there, and is sounding chirpy again.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s happy to be putting his football boots back on, rather than the boot for rehabilitation.
“He’s looking quite lively,” added McGreal.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 8 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 9 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found