U’s have ‘fully-fit squad’ ahead of Magpies clash
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, has revealed that he has a “fully-fit squad” at his disposal for this weekend’s League Two opener away at Notts County.
Speaking at this lunchtime’s press conference, at the U’s training headquarters at Florence Park, boss John McGreal enthused: “Everyone is buzzing, and we are all excited.
“Notts County are one the favourites to get promoted, and to even win the league, so this is a good test for us.
“Pre-season went very well, but the proof is in the pudding once the league gets going.
“We have a very intense first two or three months, when I think we have about 16 to 18 games inside those three months.
You may also want to watch:
“But we have a lot of bodies in the squad, and the younger lads have also had game-time and are ready to be called up if necessary.
“We have got all the players that we want, since the end of last season, and I also have a fully-fit squad, which is very good news,” added McGreal.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
Only summer signing, Luke Norris, has been struggling for fitness. Recruited from Swindon, striker Norris has now fully recovered from a shoulder operation (underwent in April) and has since shrugged off a niggling groin injury.