Colchester United’s new signing Ryan Inniss joins the injured list
- Credit: Ben Queenborough/BPI/REX/Shutter
Colchester United’s new defensive signing, Ryan Inniss, is not expected to figure for a fortnight due to injury.
Inniss was one of five new players signed by the U’s on transfer deadline day on Thursday.
Recruited on loan from Crystal Palace for the season, this will be Inniss’ seventh different loan club. He is yet to make a league appearance for his parent club.
Inniss was not involved during yesterday’s 1-0 defeat at Cambridge United, and the 22-year-old will have to be patient before he finally makes his U’s debut.
But he should be a big player for the U’s during the course of the campaign, in the heart of defence.
You may also want to watch:
“(Ryan) Inniss is out injured for a couple of weeks,” confirmed boss McGreal.
“But he will be that man that we really need, at the back, a vocal player with experience. He’s a big lad, and is very competitive.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 10 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
“He unfortunately got injured on the Tuesday.
“We were looking to get the deal done in the early part of the week, but then he played for Palace Under-23s and just injured his knee slightly.
“So he will have a little time out,” added McGreal.