U’s attacker Nouble has ‘learned his lesson’
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United attacker Frank Nouble is champing at the bit to return to the U’s starting line-up, after sitting out the last three games due to a three-match suspension.
Nouble was sent off for a show of dissent late on in the 3-0 home defeat at Forest Green Rovers, and so was forced to miss defeats at Exeter and against Tranmere, and last weekend’s dramatic 1-0 win at Cambridge United.
The 27-year-old is available again, for Saturday’s home match against Oldham Athletic, but U’s boss John McGreal must decide whether to change a winning team.
“Frank is available again, and hopefully he’s learned his lesson,” explained McGreal, during today’s press conference at Florence Park.
“It was his first sending-off, at the age of 27. Things just boiled over for him. He saw the mist, but came in and apologised.
You may also want to watch:
“I have a couple of tough selection decisions to make this weekend. Training has been hotly disputed all week. It’s a good position to be in.”
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 7 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance