Colchester United’s Sammie Szmodics has an ‘ongoing back issue’
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Sammie Szmodics and Kurtis Guthrie, two of Colchester United’s main attacking outlets, remain doubts for Saturday’s League Two home clash with basement dwellers Barnet.
Both leading scorer Szmodics and front-runner Guthrie missed out on last weekend’s disappointing 1-0 defeat at Crewe Alexandra, due to back and ankle problems respectively.
“Sammie has an ongoing back issue,” admitted U’s boss John McGreal during this lunchtime’s press conference at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“Kurtis also has an ongoing ankle injury, which we will continue to assess over the next 48 hours.”
But McGreal also revealed that midfielder Doug Loft had returned to training, after his troublesome calf injury, and that wing-back Kane Vincent-Young was available again after missing the Crewe trip with a sore hamstring.
You may also want to watch:
The play-off chasing U’s are currently five points adrift of the top seven, with a dozen fixtures remaining.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 6 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire