Colchester United’s targeted new loan player set for the Championship instead
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, has been frustrated in his attempts to sign a targeted loan player on loan, before today’s transfer deadline.
The Irishman had been hoping to recruit an experienced loan player, to strengthen a specific position.
“It was a hectic day yesterday, but there are a lot of dead ends at the moment,” explained Dunne, before this morning’s training session at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“I think the player I was chasing has gone to the Championship, or will do later today, so that one is dead.
“But we are still looking at other options to see what becomes available, because sometimes you get a late call.
You may also want to watch:
“So we will be keeping our options open, although I’m not going to chase anybody today.
“I will leave that for other loan transfer deadlines. I think I will stick with the group I’ve got,” added Dunne.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
The U’s travel to Notts County on Saturday.