Colchester United sign keeper Dean Brill on transfer deadline day
- Credit: PA
Colchester United have completed the signing of keeper Dean Brill today, before the transfer window shuts tonight.
The experienced Brill had been training with the U’s recently, and manager John McGreal was keen to add a third keeper to his first-team squad, alongside No. 1 Sam Walker and back-up Dillon Barnes.
Brill, 31, made his name at Luton Town, rattling up 81 league appearances for the Hatters between 2003 and ‘09.
He has also been on the books of Oldham, Barnet, Luton (second time in 2012-13), Inverness CT and Motherwell.
Brill signed a one-year deal with Motherwell last summer, but was released this month without making an appearance for the Scottish club.
You may also want to watch:
“James (Bransgrove) left very suddenly, so we’ve been in need of another keeper since then,” confirmed McGreal.
“Dean (Brill) is keen to make a move back down south, so that’s greats for us. He has been doing well in training for us.”
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour