Colchester United swoop for Millwall defender Rooney on permanent deal
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United have signed defender Paul Rooney from Millwall on a permanent deal.
The 20-year-old left sided defender makes the move from the Championship side on a contract through to the summer of 2019.
Irishman Paul joined Millwall in the summer of 2016, after impressing in his home country.
Having come through the ranks at St Patrick’s Athletic, Paul helped his first club win the national U19s league in 2015.
From St Patrick’s, he made the move to Bohemians in 2016 and won the Colleges/Universities Player of the Year award at the FAI Awards in March of that year, before coming to England 18 months ago.
You may also want to watch:
During his time with the Lions, he went out on loan to Torquay for two months last season, playing six times and scoring once.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 4 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds