Colchester United snap up two new loan signings
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United have bolstered their squad with the addition of defender Leo Chambers, signed on loan from West Ham this lunchtime.
And they have also this afternoon recruited winger Nathan Oduwa, signed on loan from Tottenham.
Centre-half Chambers, aged 20, has been recruited on an initial one-month loan from Upton Park.
The U’s have defensive problems, ahead of tomorrow’s home game against fellow strugglers Shrewsbury Town, so Chambers’ arrival comes at a good time.
Tom Eastman is suspended, while fellow centre-half George Elokobi is sidelined with a hamstring injury.
You may also want to watch:
Chambers has been with the Hammers since he was aged seven, and has represented England at various age groups levels, including U16s, U17s, U18s and U19s.
He has made three appearances for the West Ham first team, making his debut in a Capital One Cup tie against Cheltenham in August, 2013.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
He has made two further appearances in this competition, against Cardiff and Burnley.
Chambers goes straight into tomorrow’s squad, and so could make his Football League debut, against the Shrews.
Likewise, Oduwa has also been added to tomorrow’s squad.
Oduwa has been with Premier League side Tottenham since the age of 11, and has enjoyed much experience playing for Spurs under-18 and under-21 sides.
He has twice before been out on loan, at Luton last season and then with Scottish club Rangers during the first half of this term.