Colchester United still hit hard by absentees
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United will once again be missing a host of senior players, for Saturday’s home game against basement dwellers Notts County.
In addition to long-term absentees Sanchez Watt, Drey Wright, Freddie Sears, Josh Thompson and Gavin Massey, manager Joe Dunne also confirmed a number of other players to miss out this weekend, during this morning’s press conference.
Skipper Brian Wilson serves a one-match suspension, for accruing five bookings, while both midfielders Marcus Bean and David Wright will also play no part in the game against the Magpies.
“David (Wright) has a problem with his back,” revealed Dunne.
“Marcus is also not right yet, and we won’t be risking him.”
You may also want to watch:
Dunne must decide whether to play either Ben Tozer or Tosin Olufemi at right-back, in place of Wilson, while Craig Eastmond and Alex Gilbey should be in central midfield.
Recent loan signing, Blair Turgott, will also be in the squad and should make his U’s debut, either from the start or the bench.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards