U’s strengthen their squad with arrival of Eisa
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United have bolstered their squad with the arrival of winger Abo Eisa on loan from Shrewsbury Town.
Eisa has signed on loan from the League One Shrews until the end of the season.
The 23-year-old, who comes from Sudan, made a name for himself in non-league circles at the likes of St Albans City, Uxbridge and Wealdstone, before moving to Shrewsbury last January.
U’s Director of Football Tony Humes said: “Abo was a player we watched closely and were keen to sign, and although we lost out to Shrewsbury for his signing last year, we have kept an eye on him.
“He is a talented young player, and I’m sure that he will be a useful addition to the club for the next few months.”
Eisa has made just eight appearances this season, four of them in the league, although most of these have been as a substitute. He has scored one goal, in the 2-1 win at Crewe in the Checkatrade Trophy.
Eisa should make his U’s debut in Saturday’s away fixture at Northampton Town
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 8 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005