Colchester United striker Dan Holman signs on loan for Aldershot
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United front-runner Dan Holman, still without a start this season, has signed on loan for Conference club Aldershot.
Holman has hardly featured at all this season, and is desperate to get a few games under his belt following his summer switch from Braintree Town.
The 24-year-old has so far made four brief appearances as a substitute in the Football League, and also 45 minutes for the U’s in the League Cup at Charlton, while a recent one-month loan switch to Wrexham yielded just 31 minutes of action in four separate substitute outings.
“Dan (Holman) has gone out on loan to Aldershot,” confirmed U’s boss Tony Humes during this lunchtime’s press conference.
“He needs to get some minutes on the pitch, and hopefully he will get that during the coming month at Aldershot.”
You may also want to watch:
The U’s have given clearance for Holman to play in the FA Cup this weekend, for the Shots against Torquay.
Meanwhile, U’s centre-half Josh Thompson has this afternoon signed on loan for Football League basement club Tranmere Rovers.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
Thompson has endured a string of injuries over the last 18 months. In fact, he has not played a league game since being an early casaulty of the U’s 2-1 home win over Leyton Orient on April 6, 2013.
The 23-year-old played just 25 minutes throughout the whole of last season, after coming on as a 65th minute substitute at Dagenham & Redbridge, in a 4-1 defeat in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy on September 3.
Ex-Stockport, Celtic and Portsmouth defender Thompson is now searching for match-fitness again. His injuries have included a long-term ankle problem.
He is available for Tranmere’s League Two game against AFC Wimbledon tomorrow. His loan deal will take him through to January.