Colchester United striker Macauley Bonne signs for Lincoln City on-loan
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United striker Macauley Bonne has joined National League Premier side Lincoln City, on-loan until October 26.
Bonne, who has made one start and three substitute appearances for the U’s this summer, joins the Imps who are third in the table and managed by former Braintree Town boss, Danny Cowley.
Prior to signing Bonne, Cowley said: Macauley is someone we know very well.
“He’s already played almost 60 games in League One and has scored goals. There aren’t many 20-year-olds who have done that.
“I’m certain that he’s going to go on and be a proper footballer and play lots of League games.
You may also want to watch:
“If we can kick-start him, which is probably what he needs, then it would be good for both him and us.”
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 4 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 5 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 6 Burst water main floods A14 roundabout and leaves homes without water
- 7 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash