Colchester United striker Marvin Sordell could be out for the season
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
There is a possibility that Marvin Sordell has already played his last game for Colchester United this season.
Experienced front-runner Sordell, who was plying his trade in the Premier League with Burnley only last season, continues to be troubled by an ankle injury.
The 25-year-old former Watford stalwart signed for the U’s last summer, on a one-year contract.
“It’s still the same with Marvin,” explained manager Kevin Keen, with regards Sordell’s ankle injury, which might yet require an operation.
And asked whether Sordell was unlikely to play again this season, or was still very much in his thoughts.
You may also want to watch:
“The former is the more likely,” confessed Keen.
“I’m not saying it’s definite, but it’s more likely.”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
Sordell has not played since a substitute appearance in the FA Cup tie against Tottenham, at the end of last month.