Colchester United striker Rhys Healey out for up to six weeks
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United loan striker, Rhys Healey, will be out of action for the next few weeks, after undergoing an emergency operation to remove his appendix.
Cardiff City loanee Healey was a notable absentee from the U’s 18-man squad for Saturday’s crucial 2-0 win over relegation rivals Leyton Orient.
“Rhys went off to get some dental work done earlier in the week, but unfortunately he ended up having to have an emergency operation on a burst appendix,” revealed manager Tony Humes.
“So Rhys will be out for the next month to six weeks, I’d say.
“But at least we have strength in depth, having brought in Jack Marriott, and there’s also Macauley Bonne and Sanchez Watt, who I didn’t call upon on Saturday.
“And Gavin Massey can also play up front, so we have enough players in there to make sure that we have that strength in depth.”
Massey scored the opener in Saturday’s win over the O’s, sweeping home his sixth goal of the season, before Kaspars Gorkss headed home the second early in the second half.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 7 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 8 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 9 'It was too great a risk' - Ex Town defender Parr hangs up his boots
- 10 Interactive map reveals the Covid rate in every Suffolk neighbourhood
Defender Alex Wynter was another to miss out on Saturday’s terrific display against the O’s.
Humes explained: “Alex was ill. He came in on Thursday, but he was feeling ill so he couldn’t be involved.”
The U’s next match is away at Bradford City this Saturday.