Colchester United sweat on late fitness tests ahead of Forest Green Rovers trip
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United are sweating on the fitness of Tom Lapslie and Brennan Dickenson, ahead of tomorrow’s trip to Forest Green Rovers (3pm kick-off).
Midfielder Lapslie tweaked a hamstring inside three minutes of Good Friday’s 2-1 home win over Luton Town, at the same time as Hatters midfielder Luke Berry sustained a dislocated ankle and fractured fibula.
Dickenson, meanwhile, did not appear for the second half as a precaution, and so faces a late fitness test.
“We’ve got to recover. We’ve taken a few injuries over the weekend,” admitted U’s boss John McGreal.
“We are looking at the back-up players, and there will be opportunities for other players. We are hoping the injuries are not too bad. Conditions were tough out there for the lads, with a heavy rain and a heavy pitch, but let’s hope they are OK.
You may also want to watch:
“Dicko felt a little bit tight, so it’s one we thought it best that he didn’t play in the second half. Tom felt his hamstring a little bit.”
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton