Colchester United to host England Women for a World Cup qualifier
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
England Women will make it six international fixtures to be held at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, when they visit in November,
The Lionesses will play the second of two crucial World Cup qualifiers in Essex, facing Kazakhstan at the Weston Homes Community Stadium on Tuesday, November 28 (kick-off 7.05pm).
Tickets go on sale on Wednesday at 10am with children and concessions priced at just £1.
An early bird adult ticket offer is available, priced £7.50, until Monday, September 25 (full priced ticket is £10). Group booking and Charter Standard discounts apply.
The Lionesses have never played Kazakhstan, who are 66th in the FIFA rankings.
They will also play Bosnia & Herzegovina at Banks’s Stadium in Walsall on Friday, November 24.
England centurion Casey Stoney scored on the Lionesses’ last visit to Walsall, where they beat Croatia 3-0 in 2012.
- 1 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 2 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 3 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 4 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 5 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 9 Death of Sophie Riley was misadventure, inquest jury concludes
- 10 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
Stoney said: “These games will be really important in setting the tone for our World Cup qualification campaign and we’ll be absolutely determined to get two good wins in front of our own fans.
“I’m particularly looking forward to playing in Colchester, I come from Basildon so it’s great to have a game in Essex.
“We really enjoy taking our games around the country and giving as many people as possible the chance to come and watch us.
“We have had such fantastic support so far during the Euros and hopefully we’ll have two big crowds at both games.”
Colchester United General Manager Tim Waddington can’t wait to see the England Lionesses return to the U’s home venue.
He said: “We are delighted to welcome England back to Colchester once again.
“This is the sixth time that a national side has come to the Weston Homes Community Stadium since our move in 2008 and we are sure that this occasion will be as special as the previous five.
“The Lionesses have enjoyed an exceptional tournament so far and everyone at the club is right behind them ahead of their upcoming semi-final.
“We have a strong girls programme in our community scheme with plenty of promising female players aiming to follow in the Lionesses footsteps, and this will no doubt be a hugely popular game once again.”
England will open their Group One qualifying campaign against Russia at Tranmere Rovers’ Prenton Park on Tuesday, September 19.
Tickets for all games can be bought via www.TheFA.com/Tickets.
England v Bosnia & Herzegovina tickets can also be purchased via 01922 651 414/416 and for England v Kazakhstan via 01206 755 161.