Colchester United to host Ipswich Town in friendly
COLCHESTER united will host Suffolk neighbours Ipswich Town in a pre-season friendly this summer.
COLCHESTER United will host Suffolk neighbours Ipswich Town in a pre-season friendly this summer.
Paul Jewell’s Championship side will visit The Weston Homes Community Stadium for the first time since it opened in 2008 on Tuesday, July 26 (7.45pm).
It is the League One U’s second pre-season game to be confirmed, with John Ward’s side travelling to Essex neighbours Braintree Town on Tuesday, July 19 (7.45pm). That game will act as a benefit for former U’s striker Jamie Guy who suffered a horrific leg break while playing for Braintree earlier in the season.
The Iron have just won the Blue Square South and will play in non-league’s top-flight next season – a division which currently includes the likes of former Football League sides Wrexham, Luton, Kidderminster, Darlington, York, Cambridge United and Grimbsy.
You may also want to watch:
Colchester are still attempting to find opposition for long-serving midfielder Kemi Izzet’s testimonial.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 9 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 10 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach