Matchday Recap: Blues hit five as Norwood completes his treble and Jackson adds a brace
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town beat Colchester United 5-0 at the Community Stadium this evening.
Tonight's game is the Blues' first on English soil following two weeks in Germany.
Paul Lambert's side lost their first game 3-2 to Bundesliga side Paderborn before being beaten 4-1 by Fortuna Dusseldorf and losing out on penalties following a 0-0 draw with Meppen at the Interwetten Cup.
The trip to Colchester will see more than 2,000 supporters travel to the Essex club, where Lambert managed earlier in his career.
The U's are likely to include Dean Gerken in goal, following his Ipswich Town exit at the end of last season.
You may also want to watch:
You can follow the game live with us here.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe