Matchday Recap: Blues beaten by fluke goal as Colchester take the victory
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town are in EFL Trophy action against near-neighbours Colchester United this evening - kick-off 7.30pm.
Ipswich have already qualified from the group stage of the competition but could secure home advantage - meaning a home tie in the last 32 - with a win or a draw.
Colchester would win the group with a win over Town.
"There will be changes. Some of the younger lads will play. I've got to see what they can do in front of a crowd," Paul Lambert said.
"It's good for the Club to see some of the younger lads get a chance. They are training with us so I have confidence in them.
You may also want to watch:
"We will have a big support there as well so it's good for the fans to have the chance to see some of the younger lads."
You can follow the action live with us with kick-off at 7.30pm.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 7 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 8 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Motorcyclist in life-threatening condition after crash with parked cars