Cole Kpekawa returns to QPR following Colchester United loan spell
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United loanee, Cole Kpekawa has returned to his parent club QPR.
Teenage defender Kpekawa’s loan deal at the Weston Homes Community Stadium was due to expire this weekend.
“Cole went back earlier in the week,” revealed U’s manager Tony Humes.
“He started particularly well, in the first few games that he played for us.
“But I think, looking at what we need, and the situation we are in, we need a little bit more experience, and it’s difficult always trying to put that on young players.
You may also want to watch:
“It was right from both sides, and right for Colchester United, that Cole should go back to QPR at this moment in time,” added Humes.
New signing Matt Briggs, recruited on loan from Millwall for the rest of the season yesterday, could make his U’s debut at left-back tomorrow, with Alex Wynter moving to right-back.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 5 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 6 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 7 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
Manager Humes also has the likes of Sean Clohessy, Ben Gordon and Elliott Hewitt who can operate in the full-back positions.
Kpekawa, 18, made six appearances for the U’s. A low point was the 6-0 thrashing at Mk Dons, and the highlight was the 1-0 win over Peterborough in the FA Cup.
The U’s entertain fellow strugglers Leyton Orient tomorrow.