Skuse hopeful of injury return for visit to former club Bristol City
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Cole Skuse hopes to fit to face former club Bristol City this weekend after missing Tuesday night’s defeat by Hull with a tight hamstring.
Skuse, who played more than 300 games for the Robins before moving to Suffolk in 2013, made his 200th Blues appearance in the victory at Sheffield Wednesday recently.
And he wants to make it 201 when Ipswich head to Ashton Gate this weekend.
“I’ll be outside doing some work tomorrow (Thursday) and then hopefully I’ll be back in training on Friday,” Skuse told the club website.
“My hamstring has tightened up a bit but if all goes well, I’ll be okay for Saturday. I want to be out there helping the team.”
Mick McCarthy will also be hoping to welcome Joe Garner back into the side, after the striker was a late withdrawal on Tuesday night.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win