Cole Skuse ruled out of Wigan visit, but Emyr Huws available for selection again
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Cole Skuse has been ruled out of Ipswich Town’s home match with fellow Championship strugglers Wigan Athletic tomorrow night after suffering concussion in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Birmingham City at Portman Road.
Skuse was replaced by Kevin Bru just before half-time at the weekend after a clash of heads.
“He can’t play on Tuesday because he was concussed but providing all his symptoms are clear he should be alright for Fulham on Saturday,” said manager Mick McCarthy
Town’s three Welsh loanees – Tom Lawrence (groin), Emyr Huws (hamstring) and Jonny Williams (ill) – are all back in training.
“Admittedly Tom’s only had one training session today, so we’ll see how he feels tomorrow, you never know,” said McCarthy. “You can do all the rehabbing and then you train with the lads and that can be different.
You may also want to watch:
“Jonny Williams had been poorly and missed Saturday but he’s trained on Sunday and Monday, so he’s OK and Emyr’s had four or five days’ training now, so he’s all right to be selected.”
McCarthy says striker Kieffer Moore has missed out on a place in the 18 in recent games as he has had other options, while he says he has no plans to recall Kundai Benyu from his loan at Aldershot.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
The Blues boss confirmed that Tommy Smith was omitted from Saturday’s squad as he only arrived back at Heathrow from international duty with New Zealand on Friday afternoon.
Teddy Bishop is playing for the Under-23s this afternoon following his groin injury, while Adam Webster and Luke Hyam (both ankle) and Giles Coke (knee) remain sidelined.