Colin Wallington and Nicky Smith appointed joint managers
EXPERIENCED duo Colin Wallington and Nicky Smith have been appointed as joint managers at Saffron Walden.
Wallington was manager of Maldon Town, who he took from the Ridgeons League Premier Division up to the Ryman League Premier Division, and also won the First Division of the Ridgeons League with Tiptree United.
Southend United and Colchester United midfielder Smith, who was player-coach under Wallington at Maldon, was manager of AFC Sudbury until his resignation early last season.
Saffron Walden withdrew from the First Division of the Ridgeons League at the start of last season as they were not happy about a proposed development close to The Meadow ground in Catons Lane.
Walden are waiting to hear if they will be able to re-join the First Division of the Thurlow Nunn League, as it will be known next season.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, former Halstead Town manager Jody Brown has been appointed as assistant manager and head coach at Ryman League Division One North Maldon & Tiptree.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's