Connor Coles replaces Josh Bates as Mildenhall head to Coventry for the National League Fours
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall Fen Tigers head to Coventry on Sunday where their quartet will look to bring home the clubs first silverware of the season by winning the National League Fours Championship
There will be representation from eight of the nine sides in the National League (only Scunthorpe will not compete ) with the competition split initially into two groups of four with the top two from each group meeting in the Final.
The Fen Tigers are in Group B with the Devon ‘Demons’, Kings Lynn ‘Young Stars’ and the Stoke ‘Potters. Group A consisting of the Kent ‘Kings’, Cradley ‘Heathens’, Coventry ‘Storm’ and the Buxton ‘Hitmen’.
After finishing third in last year’s event, the Fen Tigers will be looking to win the trophy they last won during their all-conquering ‘Grand Slam’ season in 2012 and have chosen a powerful four in Captain Danny Halsey, Joe Jacobs, Josh Bates and Brendan Johnson.
Club Chairman Kevin Jolly feels that his charges have every reason to go into the meeting with plenty of confidence -
You may also want to watch:
“There is no reason why we cannot put in a big display on Sunday and hopefully bring home the first silverware of the 2014 to West Row. We have won our on our last two visits to Coventry and all our riders go well there, with Joe(Jacobs) in particular knowing the quickest way round Brandon. If I am honest we have been a little fortunate to be drawn in the slightly easier of the two groups, but that said we will be taking nothing for granted.
The lads have really clicked into gear in the last few meetings and with the usual great backing from our supporters they will be looking to give them something to cheer about.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
Connor Coles replaces Josh Bates, who crashed heavily at Sheffield on Thursday night.
The meeting at the Brandon Stadium, Coventry Speedway gets underway at 2.30pm. The meeting is sponsored by Buildbase.