Contrasting fortunes for ladies’ and men’s teams at Ipswich Volleyball Club
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Ladies are on the up at the moment, while the men are currently struggling.
The men faced Cambridge and Newmarket at the weekend and left with two defeats, 3-0 and 3-1, despite a promising performance against the former.
As for the ladies, they made the long trip to face Telford and top-of-the-table team Black Country.
They lost to Telford, despite winning the first set comfortably, but missed out in the next three sets, going down 3-1.
Better was to follow though against the Black Country, the ladies winning 3-1, after the game had been evenly-poised at 1-1.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Miller and Dom Sharpe were the men’s MVPs against Newmarket and Cambridge respectively, whilst Emma Goosey and Zoe Verow picked up the ladies’ honours against Telford and the Black Country.
The men’s promotion hopes are fading in the NVL, but the ladies could finish in the top-half finish.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns