Cook to the max but the Witches grab the points.
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Witches 51 Edinburgh Monarchs 44
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches put daylight between themselves and Edinburgh Monarchs at the top of the Premier League after a nail-biting victory at Foxhall Stadium.
The Witches badly needed all three points after their poor showing in Scotland on Tuesday and they dug deep to seal a last-heat 3-3 drawn heat, and with it, those points.
While the visitors had the individual star in Craig Cook, who raced to an 18-point maximum, the Witches had the strength throughout.
Every Witch did his job and when Ben Barker and Rohan Tungate grabbed the minor placings in the final heat, the points were safe.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Barker top-scored with 10.
Full report and pictures in Friday’s EADT and Ipswich Star.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions