Copdock claim Two Counties title
COPDOCK & Old Ipswichians are the winners of the 2011 Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Championship Division One title.
They defeated Coggeshall by seven wicket yesterday to clinch their second title in three seasons.
Copdock bowled their visitors out for just 116 and knocked off the runs for the loss of three wickets to claim the full 20 points.
Mildenhall, starting yesterday’s final round of matches one point adrift of Copdock, defeated third-placed Wivenhoe by nine wickets at Wamil Way.
Wivenhoe made 192 for nine in their innings, but the home team replied with 195 for one. That gave them 19 points, so they finished two points adrift of Copdock.
You may also want to watch:
Copdock are today taking place in a play-off semi-final against Fakenham, winners of the Frankly Digital Norfolk Alliance, for a place in the Gibbs Denley East Anglian Premier League play-off final.
The winners of today’s match will face Ramsey CC, winners of the Tucker Gardner Cambs & Hunts Premier League, in the final next Saturday.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 9 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology