Matchday Recap: Ipswich and Coventry must do it all again after Sky Blues net late equaliser
Ipswich Town and Coventry City face a replay after Callum O’Hare’s late equaliser at St Andrew’s.
The Blues needed a last-gasp Alan Judge goal to reach the second round, with the Irishman striking in stoppage time of their replay with Lincoln City.
Their reward was an away tie at Coventry, who of course are playing in Birmingham this season at St Andrew's.
Lambert made significant changes in the first round, switching his entire outfield for the first staging of the contest, with changes likely again.
Victory will take Ipswich through to round two, where the 44 teams in the Premier League and Championship enter the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich are back at Coventry next weekend for a league game against the Sky Blues.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 9 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 10 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed