Local non-league clash called off tomorrow after Covid-19 concerns
- Credit: PA
Tomorrow’s Thurlow Nunn Premier Division clash between Stowmarket Town and Ely City has been called off.
Two members of Ely’s squad have shown Covid-19 symptoms and they have taken tests.
It’s not the first time a local football match has been called off because of Covid-19 concerns.
Last month the FA Cup extra preliminary round tie between Newmarket Town and Walsham-le-Willows was cancelled due to one of the away side’s players testing positive for Covid-19. Walsham had to forfeit the tie.
Following that, Bury Town were forced to cancel a scheduled pre-season friendly at home against Braintree Town as the Blues had came up against the infected player during a friendly against Walsham.
You may also want to watch:
In a tweet, Stowmarket Town wished the Ely players in question best wishes and a quick recovery.
On Tuesday, Stowmarket Town’s clash at Woodbridge was called off after the referee was taken ill during the second half.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 7 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 8 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 9 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery