Craig Parker joining Bury Town on loan
CRAIG Parker is returning to Bury Town on loan.
Parker, who began his career with the Ram Meadow club, is joining Bury initially on a short-term loan from Chelmsford City.
The goalscoring midfielder joined the Clarets at the start of last season from Needham Market, where he was a key figure in the club’s rise from the Ridgeons League to Ryman League Division One North.
Trevor Collins, Bury’s director of football, said: “I am pleased to announce that we have further boosted our squad with the loan deal for Craig Parker from Chelmsford City.
“Parks is no stranger to the players, management or supporters at Ram Meadow as he spent the first few years of his career here before moving to Needham Market and then on to Chelmsford in the Blue Square South, where he featured heavily in their successful FA cup run last season.
“His performances and in particular his impressive goalscoring figures have caught the eye in the last few seasons and we are delighted to have him on board.”
Parker will train with the squad tonight and is set to make his return to the Bury squad for the Ryman League Premier Division home game on Saturday against Harrow Borough where a large crowd is expected following the last two performances which have seen Bury score 14 goals scored and only concede one.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 6 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town
The 25-year-old is already cup-tied, so will not be available to play for Bury in their FA Cup fourth qualifying round tie at Dorchester Town.