Craig Parker joining Bury Town on loan
CRAIG Parker is returning to Bury Town on loan.
Parker, who began his career with the Ram Meadow club, is joining Bury initially on a short-term loan from Chelmsford City.
The goalscoring midfielder joined the Clarets at the start of last season from Needham Market, where he was a key figure in the club’s rise from the Ridgeons League to Ryman League Division One North.
Trevor Collins, Bury’s director of football, said: “I am pleased to announce that we have further boosted our squad with the loan deal for Craig Parker from Chelmsford City.
“Parks is no stranger to the players, management or supporters at Ram Meadow as he spent the first few years of his career here before moving to Needham Market and then on to Chelmsford in the Blue Square South, where he featured heavily in their successful FA cup run last season.
You may also want to watch:
“His performances and in particular his impressive goalscoring figures have caught the eye in the last few seasons and we are delighted to have him on board.”
Parker will train with the squad tonight and is set to make his return to the Bury squad for the Ryman League Premier Division home game on Saturday against Harrow Borough where a large crowd is expected following the last two performances which have seen Bury score 14 goals scored and only concede one.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 7 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report
The 25-year-old is already cup-tied, so will not be available to play for Bury in their FA Cup fourth qualifying round tie at Dorchester Town.