Craig Parker looking for a new club
FORMER Needham Market midfielder Craig Parker is looking for a new club today, after leaving Chelmsford City.
Parker’s contract with the Blue Square Bet South side was cancelled by mutual consent yesterday.
The 26-year-old midfielder spent three months on loan at Bury Town earlier this season, after finding his opportunities in the Clarets’ starting line-up limited.
After starting out as a youngster with Cambridge United, Parker was with Bury Town before Needham Market, who he left at the end of the 2010/11 season after scoring 42 times as the Bloomfields-based club lost in the Ryman League Division One North play-off semi-finals.
A return to Ram Meadow is a possibility, especially as Bury’s play-off bid has hit the buffers following three league defeats on the bounce.
You may also want to watch:
City manager Glenn Pennyfather made the tough decision to allow Parker, who has made only a handful of appearances in 2012/13 and scored one goal, to seek more regular football elsewhere.
Pennyfather said: “Similar to the recent decision to release Ishmael [Welsh], I have to work within a budget and Craig is an excellent player who deserves to be playing somewhere every week.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
“His commitment and character have always been unquestionable and we obviously wish him all the best for what is a bright future in football.”
Parker said on his Twitter account: “Just would like to thank everyone @OfficialClarets, management, players and fans I have enjoyed my two years. All the best for the rest of season.”