Matchday Recap: Town knocked out of the Papa John’s Trophy
Ipswich Town are out of the Papa John’s Trophy following defeat at Crawley
Here we go, then. It’s time for the deciding game in Group J of this season’s EFL Trophy and Town’s first match under the Papa John’s sponsorship.
Following defeat to Arsenal’s kids and victory over Gillingham, tonight’s equation is pretty simple for the Blues if they want to progress. Better the Gills’ result.
The two sides are locked on three points, three behind Arsenal, but Town are ahead of their League One rivals by two goals so, should Ipswich better their result, they’ll be through.
The picture will be even more clear when Town take to the field, given the Gillingham v Arsenal game kicks off at 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
So if Arsenal win again and keep a perfect record, Town could still lose to Crawley by one goal and make it through to the knockout phase.
But the best route through to the next round is victory.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo