Coveted teenager Dylan Crowe signs professional deal with Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Teenager Dylan Crowe has put pen-to-paper on a three-year professional contract at Ipswich Town to end months of speculation about his future.
The 18-year-old - who can play right-back or right-midfield - has been part of Town's academy since the age of 12.
Capped by England from U15 to U18 level, he has been linked to a number of big clubs in recent months, including Manchester United, Arsenal, Celtic, Brighton and Huddersfield, as well as Benfica, RB Leipzig and Borussia Monchengladbach.
A move abroad would have left the Blues receiving nothing in compensation.
Injuries hampered his progress last season as he played sporadically for the club's successful U23 and U18 sides.
You may also want to watch:
He went away at the end of that campaign facing an uncertain future given his two-year scholarship had expired. However, he has now signed until 2022, with Town also holding the option to extend that deal by a further year.
He came on as a half-time substitute when Town's U23s won at Lowestoft on Wednesday night. It remains to be seen if first team boss Paul Lambert takes a look at the youngster in tomorrow's final warm-up game at Cambridge United.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk