Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis refuses to comment when asked whether he will allow Jonny Williams to extend his stay at Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis refused to comment when asked whether he would allow Jonny Williams to extend his loan spell at Ipswich Town beyond Saturday’s home game against Nottingham Forest.
The Eagles boss was at Portman Road on Tuesday night to witness Williams score fine a 30-yard equaliser and produce a superb all-round performance as the Blues beat Derby 2-1 to keep alive their top-six ambitions.
Attacking midfielder Williams has add some star quality to the Town side, filling the void left by injured talisman David McGoldrick, but his short-term loan is set to expire at the end of March.
Although the ‘emergency’ loan window closes at 5pm today, clubs can agree to extend existing loans beyond that date. Williams will definitely be in the Town squad for Saturday’s visit of Nottingham Forest, with Pulis and Mick McCarthy to have a discussion prior to the deal’s expiration next Monday.
Palace are just one place and three points above the Premier League drop zone with big games against Cardiff, Aston Villa, West Ham and Fulham to come.
You may also want to watch:
“I went to watch the game at Ipswich and Jonny Williams scored a great goal and played well,” said Pulis. “But I will be speaking to Ipswich about Williams before speaking to the media.”
McCarthy has confirmed that he’d like to keep Williams until the end of the season, while Williams has said he’d like to stay at Portman Road if he’s not going to play for Palace in their battle against relegation.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move