Cunningham leaves Leiston to join Bury Town
DANNY Cunningham has joined Bury Town on a two-year deal after leaving newly-promoted Leiston.
The attacker rejoins the Ryman League Premier Division side just weeks after helping Leiston win the Ridgeons League Premier Division.
A statement on the Leiston website confirmed that Cunningham, who made 97 league appearances for the club and scored 22 times, was not offered a renewal on his contract, which expired earlier this month.
A spokesman for Bury said: “Regarded as one of the most exciting players in the region, we are delighted to welcome Dan back to Bury Town, especially as we know that a number of our closest rivals were also keen to sign him.
“Dan has recently been playing for Leiston and when we discovered he was available, we wasted little time in making a move for the former crowd favourite.
You may also want to watch:
“Dan will be the first person to tell everyone that he made a mistake in leaving the club a few seasons ago and he is keen to repay the Bury management and supporters in the forthcoming season.”
Craig Nurse has also committed himself to Bury for the forthcoming season as well as captain Tom Bullard and Mark Coulson, Sam Nunn and Kieran Leabon.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside