Cup final dates are confirmed
THE dates have been confirmed for two end-of-season cup finals.
Holders Whitton United will face Thurlow Nunn League Division One rivals Ipswich Wanderers in the LB Group Suffolk Senior Cup final at Portman Road on Wednesday, May 8, kick-off 7.30pm.
Whitton reached the final after defeating Anglian Combination Division One side Corton 2-0, while Wanderers eased past Touchline SIL Senior Division side Crane Sports 4-0 in their semi-final.
Wanderers, who defeated Whitton 1-0 in Monday’s league fixture courtesy of Luke Read’s winner, stand between Whitton and a hat-trick of triumphs.
The Thurlow Nunn League Division One Cup final between Brightlingsea Regent and Great Yarmouth Town will take place on Friday, May 10, at Brewers Green Lane, home of Diss Town FC, kick-off 7.30pm
You may also want to watch:
Brightlingsea beat promotion rivals Newmarket Town 3-0 in their semi-final tie while Great Yarmouth put out Wanderers 4-2 on penalties after the two teams had drawn 0-0 after extra time.
Brightlingsea and Great Yarmouth have not met since the formation of Brightlingsea Regent, but they are due to face each other twice during April in league fixtures.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk