Cup success for Crane Sports and Brightlingsea Regent
- Credit: James Ager
CRANE Sports scored four times in the second period to lift the Bob Coleman Cup tonight.
After a goalless first half at Woodbridge Town FC against fellow Touchline SIL Senior Division side Melton St Audry’s, Cranes scored twice in the first three minutes of the second half through Ali Brett and Gavin Mortimor.
Mel Clarke and Steve Smith added two more before a Daniel Wade own goal made the final score 4-1 to Cranes.
Meanwhile, Brightlingsea Regent are tonight celebrating a league and cup double.
Brightlingsea defeated Great Yarmouth Town 1-0 in the Thurlow Nunn League First Division KO Cup final at Diss Town.
You may also want to watch:
Ricky Griggs scored the only goal of the game early in the second half.
The Essex side, who had struck a post in the opening period through Terry Rymer, have already won promotion to the Premier Division next season.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 7 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged