Currie has two clubs interested in him
DARREN Currie last night revealed that he has two clubs keen on obtaining his signature.The Ipswich Town midfielder will decide within the next two weeks which offer to take up - with Colchester United believed to be one of the interested clubs.
By Elvin King
DARREN Currie last night revealed that he has two clubs keen on obtaining his signature.
The Ipswich Town midfielder will decide within the next two weeks which offer to take up - with Colchester United believed to be one of the interested clubs.
Currie's contract with the Blues ends on June 30, but while his former team-mates are working up a sweat at the Rushmere training ground today, the 32-year-old will be basking in the sun by a hotel pool in Lanzarote.
You may also want to watch:
League One Millwall, managed by former Ipswich assistant manager Willie Donachie, are the other club who could be in for a player who helped Derby County gain promotion from the Championship last season.
“I have two offers to consider, and must decide which one is best for me and my family,” said Currie.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
“I have the same enthusiasm and energy now as I have always had and see myself playing for another five years or so.”
Currie's dream has always been to play in the Premiership - and he came tantalisingly close with Derby.
He made just seven starts for Ipswich under Jim Magilton and spent the period before Christmas on loan at fellow Championship Coventry.
He was then involved on loan when Derby won promotion via the play-offs although he was not in the 16 for their final win over West Brom at Wembley.