Currie is in Jim's thoughts
IPSWICH Town manager Jim Magilton has revealed that Darren Currie is in his thoughts to face Leicester City at Portman Road tomorrow.The 32-year-old midfielder has made just two substitute appearances in the last 23 Town games and spent several weeks on loan at Coventry City.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Town manager Jim Magilton has revealed that Darren Currie is in his thoughts to face Leicester City at Portman Road tomorrow.
The 32-year-old midfielder has made just two substitute appearances in the last 23 Town games and spent several weeks on loan at Coventry City.
He was tipped to join the Sky Blues full time, but has been back training with Ipswich since the New Year.
You may also want to watch:
“Darren looked very good in a reserve match at Southend this week and he will be in tomorrow's squad,” said Town manager Magilton.
“He is part of our squad and will be used accordingly.”
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 4 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
Midfielder Gavin Williams is out with a pelvic problem and had undergone scans. Central defender Richard Naylor is a doubt with a bruised toe and midfielder Owen Garvan trained for the first time this week yesterday, but was still feeling a twinge in his knee.
Defender Fabian Wilnis has recovered from a leg knock sustained at Crystal Palace last Saturday, but striker Alan Lee and midfielder Gary Roberts are both suspended.
Goalkeeper Lewis Price has trained all week after being sent home from the Welsh squad because of a thigh problem. He will play.