Cycling news in brief
Fourteen year-old Bury St Edmunds girl Esther Colman has been riding in a team led by Olympic team pursuit silver medallist Ed Clancy at the big Revolution track meeting at Manchester.
Fourteen year-old Bury St Edmunds girl Esther Colman has been riding in a team led by Olympic team pursuit silver medallist Ed Clancy at the big Revolution track meeting at Manchester. Colman was taking part in a Future Stars team, where young riders compete in teams each headed by one of our Olympic Stars over a series of short races.
Back in Suffolk, West Suffolk Wheelers attracted 48 entrants for their Roads and Tracks ride which took riders through Barton, Ixworth ,Honington and Fornham.
This Saturday, November 21, the club promotes a Roller Racing Challenge at Horringer Community Centre from 7pm. Riders compete against each other on bikes fixed to training rollers. All cyclists are welcome. More details on www.westsuffolk wheelers.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
At the VC Baracchi prize presentation club chairman Brian Boxall reported that thirty members had ridden time trials during the year. Cycling photographer Mark Cozens made the presentations, to, among many, Rider of the Year Liam Gentry who has ridden Premier Calendar road races and put in a 20:56 “10”, not to mention trying night mountain bike racing and Nick Esser who achieved a remarkable and well deserved double in taking the Best All-Rounder trophy and the Charles Grimmer Memorial Trophy for his work in promoting several events during the year.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injuries at department store
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 9 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery