Dan Bewley and the exciting Belle Vue Colts sure to give Fen Tigers a severe test at West Row on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
This weekend sees the toughest test of the Mildenhall Fen Tigers’ unblemished home record when the high-flying Belle Vue Colts are the visitors to West Row on Sunday afternoon, 3pm start.
The Colts gave the Fen Tigers plenty to think about when administering a heavy defeat on them earlier in the season at the National Stadium, Manchester.
Both sides will be at full strength with Kyle Bickley, who was part of the Young Lions U21 side last weekend, moving into the main body for the first time in his fledgling career.
The Colts also include the explosive young talent that is Dan Bewley, who served the Fen Tigers well with a 15-point maximum when guesting in the away victory at Cradley.
Mildenhall welcome back both Connor Mountain and Jordan Jenkins for this fixture and will look to continue some power-packed home performances in recent weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Club promoter Kevin Jolly is excited by the meeting of two of the powerhouses of the National League.
“Everything points to a superb afternoon of National League racing,” he said.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
“We know that Belle Vue are a strong unit but so are we and I am confident that our home record this season will still be intact around 5.30pm on Sunday.
“It’s pleasing to welcome back Connor and Jordan to the side after both missed last Sunday’s meeting and with our full septet I would back us to beat anyone at home, I really would.
“We have seen a couple of areas within their side that we feel we can exploit that should give us an edge and hopefully a big crowd will turn out to witness National League speedway at its best.
“The forecast certainly seems set fair.”
Mildenhall Fen Tigers - 1. Connor Mountain 8.73 2. Luke Ruddick 3.10 3. Jon Armstrong 7.82 4. Danno Verge 4.43 5. Danny Halsey 8.64 6. Sam Woods 3.00 7. Jordan Jenkins 3.00. Team boss: Robert Henry
Belle Vue ‘Cool Running’ Colts - 1. Dan Bewley 9.33 2. Kyle Bickley 6.86 3. Rob Shuttleworth 6.60 4. Jack Smith 7.78 5. Lee Payne 8.20 6. Andy Mellish 5.25 7. Luke Woodhull 3.00. Team bosses: Stephen Williams & Graham Goodwin